PD Photo: The Judgement of Paris, Capodimonte porcelain, Capitoline Museums, Rome
Capodimonte porcelain is created by the Capodimonte porcelain manufactory, which was established in Naples in 1743, when the Spanish King Charles (VII of Napoli, V of Sicilia) and his wife Queen Maria Amalia of Saxony instituted the Royal Factory of Capodimonte. Capodimonte porcelain was an emulation of Meissen porcelain.
For the manufactory, the chemist Livio Ottavio Schepers improved the composition of the soft paste porcelain body. The sculptor Giuseppe Gricci and the decorator Casella contributed to the creation of important works of art. Capodimonte is famous for its molded figurines and its decorative modeled flowers on cups and vases. With this factory they gave birth to one of the most famous Italian forms of art.